Goals not written down are called dreams. Sound familiar? You’ve heard the phrase before, “I dream about winning the lottery, living in a big house one day, having an amazing career, family, etc. Sometimes we write them down, we may even prioritize them and then more often than not we put the list away for another day. What is missing from something you really want is writing it down, creating the action steps it will take and then actually taking the action to make it happen. Sometimes we are waiting for our motivation to kick in. Unfortunately, that’s the opposite of what happens. It is in the action that we become motivated, so just BEGIN!
You know how someone can say one sentence and it can be a AH-HA Moment? One of those moments came to me when I was 34 yrs. old visiting my grandmother in a nursing home. I was complaining to her how hard it was going to be to go back to school to earn my Associates degree, while raising 2 young sons and running my daycare. Feeling sorry for myself, I said to her feeling hopeless and defeated “At this rate I’ll be 40 years old by the time I get my Associates degree” Without missing a beat, with her steely blue eyes she said “Your going to be 40 years old either way someday, do you want to have a degree by then or not”. WHAT???? I could only see the hard work ahead of me, she could only see the possibility of getting on with it and stop complaining. – Different perspectives.
Different Perspective on Goals – Brooke Castillo podcast- The lifecoachschool/#86 discusses “DO GOALS”. Making a list of Goals that you want BUT already have. – This puts you in a frame of abundance.
My list looks like this:
- I’d love a partner, I adore and adores me. – GOT IT!
- I’d love to have children that grow up to be fine contributing members of society and are happy and healthy- GOT IT!
- I’d love to experience good health and enough energy to follow my passions- GOT IT!
- I would love to have friends that get me, that love me warts and all – GOT THEM!
From a place of abundance is gratifying, energizing and gives us so much to be grateful for every single day. Your “DO Goals” will be different of course. But I do encourage you to identify your DO GOALS and Celebrate how far you have already come. Last time we talked about reflection. After REFLECTION we should be taking the time to celebrate how far we have come. For women, we never do enough of either!
Things to Think About Until Next Time:
- You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with “Jim Rohn”- Motivational Speaker”
- If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be “Maya Angelou”